struts-user mailing list archives

From Steve_Ak...@national.com.au
Subject Re: Does anyone out there use Scaffold?
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 22:36:39 GMT

Thanks for your response Rob.

I've downloaded the commons component of Scaffold from the sandbox and
built it myself.

It's interesting to point out that the Scaffold code is still pointing to
Struts 1.0.x imports, you have to go through the code to change it to the
1.1 versions of these classes.
I guess this will be updated in time.

It would be really great to find out if others are having success with
Scaffold.  There doesn't seem to be much discussion of it in the Struts
user group.
We are currently using it in several apps and have found some issues with
it but on the whole we believe it's a very good extension to the Struts
framework.

I'll try and post the issues we have found with Scaffold in the near future
with our solutions.  I'm not sure of the best approach for trying to get
these changes considered but if you have any pointers please let me know.

Thanks again,
Steve Akins.

|         |           Rob Leland       |
|         |           <rleland@apache.o|
|         |           rg>              |
|         |           28/01/2003 14:40 |
|         |           "Struts Users    |
|         |           Mailing List"    |

Steve_Akins@national.com.au wrote:

>We are currently developing Struts apps and incorporating Scaffold code
>into them.
>
>Firstly, I was wondering if anyone else out there is using Scaffold code
>and what comments they have on their success or otherwise with it?
>
>Secondly, with the latest release of Struts (1.1b3), Scaffold code has
been
>packaged into the contrib section.  However the commons-scaffold
components
>are not there.

It was decided about 2 weeks ago that the struts 1.1 release would only
contain commons libs needed to
build the main distribution and provided examples. However there has
been some
talk about providing a seperate download to package items needed to build
the contrib items, and a build of the contrib itself.

> They are in jakarta-commons-sandbox but only the source in
>the CVS repository.  Should commons-scaffold be somewhere in
>jakarta-commons now that scaffolds is being packaged with Struts 1.1b3 and
>should there be a built version of this code somewhere?

-Rob

For additional commands, e-mail: <