struts-user mailing list archives

From "Mei Zhu" <m...@goperiscope.com>
Subject RE: Value Object in a Collection
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:49:37 GMT
If your outer iterate loops through a collection of java.util.List, in your
inner iterate, you should not specify property attribute.

Mei

-----Original Message-----
From: neelima mahesh [mailto:neels_mahesh@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 2:42 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Value Object in a Collection

Hi all,

    I'm new to this technology, I wanted to use only iterate tags to
display the information. While iterate a collection in a JSP, need to
display a Value Object's information. Following is the approach i've
followed but in vain.

<logic:iterate name="parentCollection"
               property="parentProperty"
               indexId="parentIndex"  //arbitrary name
               id="parent"            //arbitrary name
               type="java.util.List">
  <logic:iterate name="parent"
                 property="childProperty"
                 indexId="childIndex"  //arbitrary name
                 id="child"            //arbitrary name
                 type="valueobjectVO">
    <bean:write name="child" property="_whatever_" />
    // etc.
  </logic:iterate>
</logic:iterate>

and i'm getting the following error....

javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot create iterator for this
collection, stack: javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot create
iterator for
this collection   at
l.java:453)

Thanks in Advance! appreciate any help in this regard.

mahesh.