struts-user mailing list archives

From "Mei Zhu" <m...@goperiscope.com>
Subject RE: Value Object in a Collection
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:20:50 GMT
So you in your inner iterate, you actually want to print some properties of
each Products value objects? If that's true, you don't need an inner iterate
because iterate tag can only work on a collection of objects not properties
of a object (you can do this in Javascript not with java). How about
something like this:

<logic:iterate name="ReqDetailForm"
 property="reqCollection"
 indexId="parentIndex"
 id="productVO"
 type="com.valueobject.OrderItemVO">
   <TD><bean:write name="productVO" property="partNo"/></td>
  <%-- define a bean to hold productVO.getProducts(), which would be your
Products value  object ---%>
  <bean:define id="prod" name="productVO" property="products" />
	<bean:write name="prod" property="productName" />
	<bean:write name="prod" property="quantity" />
	<bean:write name="prod" property="unitPrice" />
	<bean:write name="prod" property="total" />