struts-user mailing list archives

From "Mei Zhu" <m...@goperiscope.com>
Subject RE: (newbie) Problem getting request level bean data in jsps
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:43:24 GMT
what's your <form-bean> definition of userRegisterForm in struts-config.xml?

Mei

-----Original Message-----
From: Scot Rob [mailto:scotguy78@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 2:33 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: (newbie) Problem getting request level bean data in jsps

Hi,

I am setting some data in DynaActionForm
"userRegisterForm" in my Action "registerUser" and it
forwards request to a jsp page through another Action
"showRegisterForm" (which is a ForwardAction).

Now, i am trying to get data in the jsp page using
but it does not get any data. I also tried <bean:write
property="name" name="userRegisterForm"/> but this
doesn't return any data as well.

I wanted to avoid making "userRegisterForm" bean's
scope "session" level.

I 'd appreciate if someone can point out my mistake or
the right way to do it?

Many thanks
Asif
___________________
	<action
	     path="/registerUser"
	     type="....actions.RegisterUserAction"
		name="userRegisterForm"
		scope="request"
		parameter="type">

<forward name="showRegisterForm"
path="/showRegisterForm.vo" redirect="true" />
<forward name="confirmRegisterForm"
path="/comfirmRegisterForm.vo" redirect="true" />
	</action>

	<action
		path="/showRegisterForm"
	parameter="unreg_user_registration_form.jsp"
type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
		name="userRegisterForm"
		scope="request" />