struts-user mailing list archives

From "Franck Lefebure" <flefeb...@orange.gp>
Subject Many Actions In a View
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:18:36 GMT

Hi,
I'm just starting to use Struts , seems a great tool.

I have a view with several forms.
In this view, There are many beans that I need for example to construct
tables.

I don't want to repeat the code written to populate these beans.
So I've defined an Action (doPopulateView) which put these
Beans in the request scope.

When I define an other Action, in relation with one of the form in the
view,
I chain the related action with the doPopulateView action

    <form-bean name="addServerForm"
type="com.struts.beans.AddServerForm"/>

    <action name="addServerForm" path="/doAddServer" input="/index.jsp"
scope="request" type="com.struts.actions.AddServerAction">
      <forward name="success" path="/doPopulateView.do"
redirect="false"/>
    </action>
 	<action name="doPopulateView" path="/doPopulateView"
type="com.struts.actions.PopulateView" scope="request">
        <forward name="success" path="/index.jsp"/>
    </action>

This seems to work well.
The problem is I don't know how to chain the "addServerForm" action to
the doPopulateView action when there are input-errors
Returned by the "validate" action of the AddServerForm class

I'm not sure I'm in the good way.

Should DispatchActions be a better way to manage many actions from one
view ?

Thanks for any advice
And sorry for my english

Franck