struts-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "ashokd" <ash...@visualsoft-tech.com>
Subject Re: Nested Tags Problem .... Urgent
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2002 23:43:42 GMT
Hi Chen,.

Thanks for your observations.
It helped me a lot and saved my time in debugging.
Your observation is correct and it solved my problem

Thanks & Regards,
Ashok.D
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chen, Gin" <Gin.Chen@NielsenMedia.com>
To: "'Struts Users Mailing List'" <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 2:30 AM
Subject: RE: Nested Tags Problem .... Urgent


> not name .. property
>
> name: The name of the JSP bean containing the collection to be iterated
(if
> property is not specified), or the JSP bean whose property getter returns
> the collection to be iterated (if property is specified).
>
> property: Name of the property, of the JSP bean specified by name, whose
> getter returns the collection to be iterated.
>
> So it should be:
>
> <nested:iterate property="formList">
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: ashokd [mailto:ashokd@visualsoft-tech.com]
> Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2002 1:00 PM
> To: Struts Users Mailing List; Martin Gross
> Subject: Nested Tags Problem .... Urgent
>
>
> Hi,
>
> I am facing problem with Nested Tags.
>
> I have a method in ActionForm
> private ArrayList mFormList = new ArrayList();
>
> public Object[] getFormList() {
>     return mFormList.toArray();
> }
> public ArrayList getMyFormList() {
>     return mFormList
> }
>
> public setMyFormList(ArrayList  pFormList) {
>     this.mFormList = pFormList
> }
>
> This ArrayList contian the ValueObjects.
>
> I am getting the instance of ActionForm in another Action Class and
setting
> this variable (which is invoked before loading this page).
>
> Code in Action class:
> MyVO controlVO1 = new MyVO("600","10","100
> O","10","1","2/5/1998","12/31/1111"," ");
> MyVO controlVO1 = new MyVO("600","10","100
> O","10","1","2/5/1998","12/31/1111"," ");
> ArrayList alControl = new ArrayList();
>
> TestForm testForm =
> (TestForm)aRequest.getSession().getAttribute("testForm");
> if(testForm == null) {
>    testForm = new TestForm();
>   }
>   testForm .setMyFormList(alControl)
>
>
> ====
> JSP
> -----
>
> <nested:iterate name="formList" >
>
>
> I am getting the follwoing exception.... any suggestions.....
>
> Error Message:
> Error Code: 500
> Target Servlet: null
> Error Stack:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>      at
>
org.apache.struts.taglib.nested.NestedPropertyHelper.getNestedProperty(Neste
> dPropertyHelper.java:159)
>      at
>
org.apache.struts.taglib.nested.NestedPropertyHelper.getNestedProperty(Neste
> dPropertyHelper.java:195)
>      at
>
org.apache.struts.taglib.nested.NestedPropertyHelper.setNestedProperties(Nes
> tedPropertyHelper.java:242)
>      at
>
org.apache.struts.taglib.nested.logic.NestedIterateTag.doStartTag(NestedIter
> ateTag.java:115)
>      at
>
wspr._wspr_0005fcorrespondence_0005fpage_jsp_7._jspService(_wspr_0005fcorres
> pondence_0005fpage_jsp_7.java:113)
>      at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:142)
>      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>      at
>
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
> va:300)
>      at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:430)
>      at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:565)
>      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>      at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictServletInstance.doService(ServletManager
> .java:827)
>      at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet._service(StrictLifecycl
> eServlet.java:167)
>      at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.IdleServletState.service(StrictLifecycleServle
> t.java:297)
>      at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLifecycle
> Servlet.java:110)
>      at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstance.service(ServletManager.java:47
> 2)
>      at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(ServletMan
> ager.java:1012)
>      at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(ServletManag
> er.java:913)
>      at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(W
> ebAppRequestDispatcher.java:523)
>      at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRequest
> Dispatcher.java:282)
>      at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestD
> ispatcher.java:112)
>      at
>
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionForward(ActionServlet.ja
> va:1759)
>      at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1596)
>      at com.vstl.wspr.WSPRActionServlet.process(WSPRActionServlet.java:49)
>      at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:492)
>      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
>      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>      at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictServletInstance.doService(ServletManager
> .java:827)
>      at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet._service(StrictLifecycl
> eServlet.java:167)
>      at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.IdleServletState.service(StrictLifecycleServle
> t.java:297)
>      at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLifecycle
> Servlet.java:110)
>      at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstance.service(ServletManager.java:47
> 2)
>      at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(ServletMan
> ager.java:1012)
>      at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(ServletManag
> er.java:913)
>      at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(W
> ebAppRequestDispatcher.java:523)
>      at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRequest
> Dispatcher.java:282)
>      at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestD
> ispatcher.java:112)
>      at
> com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.doForward(WebAppInvoker.java:91)
>      at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebAppInvoker.
> java:184)
>      at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(CachedIn
> vocation.java:67)
>      at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CacheableInvocationContext.invoke(Cacheabl
> eInvocationContext.java:106)
>      at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletRequ
> estProcessor.java:125)
>      at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListener
> .java:315)
>      at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.http11.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.ja
> va:60)
>      at
>
com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java:323)
>      at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:252)
>      at com.ibm.ws.util.CachedThread.run(ThreadPool.java:122)
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Ashok.D
>
>
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: struts-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: struts-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: struts-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: struts-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: struts-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: struts-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message