struts-user mailing list archives

From "Hue Holleran" <h...@softwareskills.net>
Subject RE: [OT] RE: microsoft .doc struts
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 18:36:52 GMT
Hi Andy,

The (MS) reference was because this was using the regular expression syntax
used by Microsoft's VBScript RegEx object and I'm not sure if this is the
correct format for java regular expressions. I think jakarta-oro is a reg ex
library that is included with struts - but sorry I have no experience with
this - although someone on this group almost certainly will - so might be
worth a separate post - but the example will serve as a good start point. It
basically means:

  \[    - string to match begins with "["
          ("[" is escaped because it's a delimiter)
  \S    - match any non-whitespace
  [     - (delimiter)
    ^\[ - stop if you encounter another "["
          (to trap error with unclosed [] blocks)
  ]     - (delimiter)
  *     - match any character
  \]    - ends with "]"
          ("]" is escaped because it's a delimiter)

Images would be a different problem - if you look at an RTF file then it is
quite straightforward to extract the image from the rtf - but each image
would need to be converted in this way or find some way of doing this
on-the-fly - but I'm not aware of any tool to do this! If you have a limited
number of images, e.g. logos etc. then it would be possible to insert the
converted one of these at the appropriate point. Images begin with something
like:

	{\*\shppict{\pict{\ ... }} with loads of hex digits in-between.

If you have loads of images stored as say gifs or jpgs then you will need to
find some way of doing this on-the-fly to rtf format.

Hope the above helps a bit more.

H.