struts-user mailing list archives

From Andy Richards <a...@esolution.co.uk>
Subject Re: [OT] RE: microsoft .doc struts
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:12:41 GMT
This is how the current system works, written in delphi sitting on a
windows box. I have recently joined the team and want to rewrite the
sytem using struts, tomcat and some flavour of linux. The current method
starting an instance of microsoft word, is damn slow! to say the least,
and crashes daily!!

what to do.....perhaps i will have to look into .rtf more?

regards

Andy

On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 15:00, John Cavacas wrote:

> > i misunderstood, i thought your application was converting the template
> > back to .doc. I take from the research that i have done then that this
> > cannot be done, or is a real pain to do?
> [John Cavacas]
> My findings would concur with yours, as in it is a real pain to do. There
> are a couple of ways that it probably could be done. Using a Java/COM
> bridge, delegating the building of the document to a third party such as a
> .net web service, which in turn its just a .net COM app that ties to Word.
> Both of those are possible, but there is one significant potential problem
> every time you deal with COM and Word. You essentially need to start a word
> instance every time you want to do something.
>
> John
>

> This communication is intended for the use of the individual(s) or entity it
> was addressed to and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
> If the reader of this transmission is not the intended recipient, you are
> hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of
> this communication is prohibited.  If you receive this communication in
> error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this communication
> from your system(s) to which it was sent and/or replicated to. (c) 2002
> Sapiens Americas Corp.

http://www.esolution.co.uk
___________________________

e: