struts-user mailing list archives

From Sundar Narasimhan <sun...@ascent.com>
Subject RE: Rendering alternate rows of a table in Struts
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 21:02:32 GMT
Hi, Craig:

>JSTL in particular covers a huge amount of ground on the nitty gritty
>things, and (where it overlaps with things in the struts-bean and
>struts-logic libraries) does it much better, mostly thanks to the
>expression language's power.

I couldn't agree w/ this statement more after spending a bunch of time
struggling with struts's syntax etc.

I would like to ask a question about JSTL though.. admittedly I've
only glanced at the manual and not used it for anything real. Does the
JSTL envision to expand to include/replace struts/forms/action
functionality on the server side? I didn't see any references to such
.. but may be I missed it.

Thanks.