struts-user mailing list archives

From Sundar Narasimhan <sun...@ascent.com>
Subject is there a way to get struts to interact well w/ scriptlets
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2003 15:45:23 GMT

I notice that if I use <nest:> I end up getting input fields whose
name looks like so
     <input name="foo.bar">

This really doesn't play well with all the java script code we have
that rely on "eval'ing" target names such as
"window.document.someform.somelement".
If someelement is in dotted notation, eval on the java script side
tries to traverse it and throws errors.

Obviously I like the serverside traversals that nest gives you, but
I'm wondering how I can solve this problem.

Any ideas will be much appreciated. And please, no suggestions for
"avoid java script" because I have to use user interface elements like
calendars and spin controls etc. that I need on the client side :)

Basically I'm looking for what the struts sanctioned way of doing this
is..

Thanks.