struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: to use Ant to configure my webApp with struts
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2003 23:27:59 GMT

On Sun, 9 Feb 2003, Giovanni Di Lembo wrote:

> Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 19:16:09 +0100
> From: Giovanni Di Lembo <gdilem@libero.it>
> Subject: Re: to use Ant to configure my webApp with struts
>
> Ok.I'd like to use ant to build and complile all the class of my webapp
> .
> Actually I 've done my action and my Form class but I don't know how to
> prepare the build.xml file to configure Ant .I want that ant prepare the
> web app tree for me with all the jar of struts and all my classes in the
> right place.

A good starting place for using Ant to develop webapps in general (not
just Struts-based ones) is the Application Developer's Guide that is
shipped with Tomcat, and also available online:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/appdev/

Tweaking the supplied example build.xml to include Struts artifacts would
be really easy -- see the "Configuration" chapter of the Struts User's
Guide for what you need to add.

Craig