struts-user mailing list archives

From Rick Reumann <maill...@reumann.net>
Subject Re: [OT] logging level in Tomcat 4.1.18
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:43:06 GMT
On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 08:20:54 -0500 (EST)
Jason Vinson <vinsonizer@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am using Tomcat 4.1.18, and I am using good ol' System.out.println
> for debugging, but my log file (catalina.out) has MASSIVE ammounts of
> [INFO] messages.  I can't figure out how to change the level of
> output.  I tried looking in tomcat/conf/ at server.xml and web.xml, as
> well as my web application's /WEB-INF/web.xml directory.  Can anyone
> point me in the right direction?
>
> Sorry if this is too OT,
> Jason

Not sure if it's the only way to do this, but I added a log4j.properties
file to my classes directory and and made the application root
standard out set to Error. I started then using log4j so as well so it
all started fitting together nicely.

--
Rick Reumann