struts-user mailing list archives

From <tn...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Struts and Portlets
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
You could take a look at www.liferay.com, there latest implementation (1.8) follows the Porlet
Spec, JSR-168, and is using Struts 1.1b2.

Regards,
Todd G. Nist

> From: Juraj.Lenharcik@t-systems.com
> Date: 2003/02/25 Tue AM 01:52:38 EST
> To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Struts and Portlets
>
> Hi,
>
> is there an intention to implement the JSR-168 (Portlet API) into struts?
>
> In my opinion three important features like multiple output formats with XSLT, workflows
and the support of portlets would be very important for the future.

> The ability to create standardised portlets with struts would be very interesting. I
think the the actions and jsp are not much mightful for the future. The development of the
jsp/action with tiles a.s.o. is fine but too slow and theres still a limited reuse. In my
opinion there should/could be more abstraction for project comprehensive reuse. Such portlets
could create configurable components with jsp/actions and beans. I dont have access to the
portlets specification, but I am sure that this aspects are included there.