struts-user mailing list archives

From John Cavacas <john....@sapiens.com>
Subject [OT] RE: microsoft .doc struts
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:00:06 GMT
> i misunderstood, i thought your application was converting the template
> back to .doc. I take from the research that i have done then that this
> cannot be done, or is a real pain to do?
[John Cavacas]
My findings would concur with yours, as in it is a real pain to do. There
are a couple of ways that it probably could be done. Using a Java/COM
bridge, delegating the building of the document to a third party such as a
.net web service, which in turn its just a .net COM app that ties to Word.
Both of those are possible, but there is one significant potential problem
every time you deal with COM and Word. You essentially need to start a word
instance every time you want to do something.

John

This communication is intended for the use of the individual(s) or entity it
was addressed to and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If the reader of this transmission is not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of
this communication is prohibited.  If you receive this communication in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this communication
from your system(s) to which it was sent and/or replicated to. (c) 2002
Sapiens Americas Corp.