struts-user mailing list archives

From ROSSEL Olivier <olivier.ros...@airbus.com>
Subject RE: Nested:define problem [solved]
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:58:50 GMT

Forget it. It works fine now :-)

> I want to extract an object from the current form bean and
> "save" it in the
> page scope.
> I am in a nested environment:
>
> <nested:form action="/foobar">
> </nested:form>
>
> I inserted this tag just after the nested:form.
> <nested:define id="pageObject" property="inFooBar" toScope="page"
> type="a.b.c.myObject"/>
>
> The signification of this tag should be:
> get the form bean, extract property inFooBar of type
> "a.b.c.myObject" and
> save it in page
> scope with attribute name "pageObject"
>
> This tag makes the JSP to fail with this message:
> Exception accessing property id for bean myFormBean:
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: Unknown property 'id'
>
> Of course the property "id" is not supposed to be retrieved
> from anywhere.
>
> What's the way to manage the <nested:define> tag in this case?
>
> Note: I work with Struts 1.1b2

This e-mail is intended only for the above addressee. It may contain
privileged information. If you are not the addressee you must not copy,
distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it. If you have
received it in error please delete it and immediately notify the sender.
Security Notice: all e-mail, sent to or from this address, may be
accessed by someone other than the recipient, for system management and
security reasons. This access is controlled under Regulation of
Investigatory Powers Act 2000, Lawful Business Practises.