struts-user mailing list archives

From Tom Ziemer <zie...@cs.uni-hildesheim.de>
Subject Re: Custom tags with Struts
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:28:22 GMT
Hi,

I've had a similar problem - and there really doen not seem to be any
"good" solution. You might try it with a scriptlet - something like
<%
    String price = <your object here>.getPrice();
%>
then you can call your custom tag with:
<formatChecker:check value='<%=price%>'/>

That's certainly not nice but it'll work.

Hope that helps,

Tom

Rajesh P wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
> I had created a Custom tag for formatting number to decimal places based on some business
rules. The tag looks like this:
> <formatChecker:check value=" "/>
> In the value attribute I need to send data from my form bean. I tried as follows:
> <formatChecker:check value='<bean:write name="fbname" value="price"/>'/>
> I tried with single quotes and double quotes, but the custom tag does not evaluate the
struts bean tag but takes the value as "<bean:write name="fbname" value="price"/>"