struts-user mailing list archives

From Ray <ray_off...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Show stopping validator problem.
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2003 11:58:47 GMT
Hi there.

I'm using the Javascript validator, and have run into a problem that I
can't get around.

When a field is invalid, the Javascript dialog box just comes up empty, and
I can't figure out why.  I had a look at the code generated in JavaScript,
and it appears to be missing the actual error messages:

     function required () {
      this.aa = new Array("name", "", new Function ("varName", " return
this[varName];"));
      this.ab = new Array("address", "", new Function ("varName", " return
this[varName];"));
      this.ac = new Array("telephoneNumber", "", new Function ("varName", "
return this[varName];"));
      this.ad = new Array("emailAddress", "", new Function ("varName", "
return this[varName];"));
     }
The second parameter in the arrays should have the error message in it, but
it comes out blank.
I can't see why, because I have the messages in the app resources file and
the validation.xml is set up correctly, and I have the <html:javascript>
tag in the page.

Is there anything else it could be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated;