struts-user mailing list archives

From Micael <caraun...@harbornet.com>
Subject Re: Where to put ApplicationResources when deploying app as a jar
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2003 22:11:59 GMT
Putting them in a jar file is not mandatory, and I cannot tell why you
would like that requirement.  You can though.  The jar versus non-jar issue
is not the issue about where to put them.  You put them the same place in a
jar as you would outside the jar.  You can put them anywhere inside classes
(they have to be reached on a classpath is the essential point) you want.

The bottom line is that the "where to put them" is not relevant to the jar
issue.  Same inside as outside a jar.  There is a structure inside a jar.

Maybe I don't get what you are saying.  My experience is that when I reply
to messages like this and try to help the questioner inevitably flames me
big time.  I hope this is the exception.

At 09:44 PM 2/1/03 +0100, you wrote:
>So far I have placed the ApplicationResources in the class' structure at
>the same level as the web components using struts. But I now want to
>deploy the application as a .jar and I cant find out where to put the
>language files.
>
>I hope that placing them in the jar file is mandatory.
>

>Thanks in advance.
>
>Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
>
>Søren Dalby

LEGAL NOTICE