struts-user mailing list archives

From dmk...@earthlink.net (David M. Karr)
Subject Re: Use of <html:options> and jstl
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 06:06:58 GMT
>>>>> "shashi" == shashi  <shashipahwa@hotmail.com> writes:

    shashi> Hi
    shashi> I want to skip the for loop and want to use <c:forEach> with the <html:select>.
    shashi> I tried but failed to set the value to options in select.

    shashi> Please help me to solve out the problem

Try spelling out exactly what you're trying to do, and showing what you tried,
and what happened when you tried it.

Are you using Struts-EL?  You can use either Struts or Struts-EL with the JSTL,
but some things will be easier if you use Struts-EL.  You may find, however,
that building the value list for "html:select" can be done without any
iteration in the JSP page, just building the list in your Action code.