struts-user mailing list archives

From Jörg Maurer <joerg.mau...@ucpmorgen.com>
Subject RE: Problem with empty file upload field
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2003 23:58:06 GMT
Just for info - I use struts 1.3b nb and built upload func into my
current app - no problem. Remark what i corrected from wrong in first
step :

1. <html:form action="...enctype="multipart/form-data"> <- !!!!!!

2. use as property a property of type FileForm from org.apache.struts -
it was a crazy idea to me to put a Form into a Form first ;-)

3. erhm, and don´t open input stream on blank filename

Ciao Jörg

-----Original Message-----
From: Joey Ebright [mailto:jebright76@attbi.com]
Sent: Sonntag, 09. Februar 2003 22:20
To: djweis@sjdjweis.com
Cc: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Problem with empty file upload field

I too have the same problem - whenever the user does not supply a file
to upload I get an exception.  I have tried the 1.1-b3 release of struts

and the 1.6 release of the commons and recieve the same error from
BeanUtils.populate - IllegalArgumentException...

Have you made any progress on this front?

-Joey