struts-user mailing list archives

From "Brahme, Supriya (ENJ)" <supriya.bra...@express-scripts.com>
Subject RE: Basic questions on ActionForm & Session time-out
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 12:47:43 GMT
Thanks. It means that I have to specify the scope explicitly in the struts config XML.  I wonder
why it can not work by extending from an ActionForm having Request scope. Because extending
from ActionForm will always put default scope to SESSION for those forms & that is not
desirable.

Intermixed...

]

> Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 2:43 PM

> To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org

> Subject: Basic questions on ActionForm & Session time-out

> Hi,

> I am new to Struts. I have some simple basic questions..

> 1. If we extend the ActionForm & define scope of the new

> class to = 'REQUEST', will all the extended ActionForm

> classes from this class have = scope Request?

No. You typically specify the scope of a form-bean in the struts-config. What this means is
that an instance of the form-bean is placed in the session or the request with the key equal
to the value of the "name" attribute.

> 2. How do we define session time-out parameter in Struts?

Like you would with any Servlet-based application; in the web.xml

> Thanks Supriya

Sri