struts-user mailing list archives

From Martins Stephane <smart...@sopragroup.com>
Subject [struts 1.1-b3] problem with server side validation
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:25:33 GMT
Hello

Since I've migrated to struts 1.1-b3, I have serious problems with the
validator included in struts.
Both my webapp and struts-validator.war (from struts package) provoke java
exceptions.

When I desactivate javascript from my browser (IE 5.5) to check server-side
validation, I get the current error :

java.lang.NullPointerException at
java.util.StringTokenizer.(StringTokenizer.java:119)
 at java.util.StringTokenizer.(StringTokenizer.java:135) at
org.apache.commons.validator.Validator.validateField(Validator.java:502)
 at org.apache.commons.validator.Validator.validate(Validator.java:551)
 at
org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorForm.validate(ValidatorForm.java:152)
 at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processValidate(RequestProcess
or.java:912)
 at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:
255) at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1422)
 at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:523)

I've tried :
*	JDK 1.4 and 1.3
*	Tomcat 4.1.12 and 4.1.18
*	and the last nightly build of common-validator.jar

Any ideas ?

Thanks