struts-user mailing list archives

From "John Espey" <jes...@Tallan.com>
Subject RE: to use Ant to configure my webApp with struts
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2003 18:22:10 GMT
You don't have to do anything extra in Ant for struts.  Just make sure that
struts.jar and all supporting jars (commons, etc.) are in your web-inf/lib
directory.  If you are using a War file, the ant war task makes this very
easy to do.  All of your classes that are required for the web app (forms,
actions, supporting classes, etc.) should appear in web-inf/classes.  You
may need to copy your TLD files into web-inf as well, depending on what
version of the servlet spec. your container supports.  For 2.3, you can use
the URI defined in each TLD file to do your imports on your JSP pages.  If
this isn't supported by your container, then you will need to copy the TLDs
into your WEB-INF directory and create a mapping for them in web.xml:
  <taglib>
    <taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld</taglib-uri>
    <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld</taglib-location>
  </taglib>

and then you use the URI mapping you created when you declare your taglibs
in your JSP pages.

Hope this helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: Giovanni Di Lembo [mailto:gdilem@libero.it]
Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2003 12:16 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: to use Ant to configure my webApp with struts

Ok.I'd like to use ant to build and complile all the class of my webapp
.
Actually I 've done my action and my Form class but I don't know how to
prepare the build.xml file to configure Ant .I want that ant prepare the
web app tree for me with all the jar of struts and all my classes in the
right place.