struts-user mailing list archives

From "Brandon Goodin" <m...@phase.ws>
Subject RE: [OT] logging level in Tomcat 4.1.18
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:03:52 GMT
use either log4j/commons-logging combo or straight log4j.

To get rid of all the info statements in you catalina.out set your debugging
params in you server.xml to 0 (debug="0").

Brandon Goodin
Phase Web and Multimedia
PO Box 85
Whitefish MT 59937
P (406) 862-2245
F (406) 862-0354
mail@phase.ws
http://www.phase.ws

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Reumann [mailto:maillist@reumann.net]
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 9:43 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [OT] logging level in Tomcat 4.1.18

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 08:20:54 -0500 (EST)
Jason Vinson <vinsonizer@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am using Tomcat 4.1.18, and I am using good ol' System.out.println
> for debugging, but my log file (catalina.out) has MASSIVE ammounts of
> [INFO] messages.  I can't figure out how to change the level of
> output.  I tried looking in tomcat/conf/ at server.xml and web.xml, as
> well as my web application's /WEB-INF/web.xml directory.  Can anyone
> point me in the right direction?
>
> Sorry if this is too OT,
> Jason

Not sure if it's the only way to do this, but I added a log4j.properties
file to my classes directory and and made the application root
standard out set to Error. I started then using log4j so as well so it
all started fitting together nicely.

--
Rick Reumann