struts-user mailing list archives

From John York <...@careersite.com>
Subject Re: Is there a List navigater Tag to use with struts ? (fwd)
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2003 17:36:49 GMT
I'm in the process of pulling the source for this tag into it's own
project. Once I extract it from the larger project that it's a part of,
I'll post a link to the source for it. The code is written using the MVC
pattern, which is quite differnt from the structure of Ed Hill's table
tag, so hopefully this structure will allow future extension fairly
easily.

John

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, mahesh kagitha wrote:

> Hi,
> I would like to implement pagenation and sorting in my application(struts). Could you
please direct me to get the desired by using your source code...Appreciate your help .

> Thanks
> mahesh!
>  John York <jry@careersite.com> wrote:
> Hi, I just noticed this message about paging tags posted on the archive
> for struts-user. I was using Ed Hill's display taglib for doing this sort
> of thing in the past, but it wasn't flexible enough for me, so I ended up
> completely rewriting it. I've been in the process of putting a proposal
> together for it to submit to Jakarta Taglibs, but I thought I'd mention it
> here.
>
> For a very simple test, check this out:
>
> http://www.johnyork.com/table/test.jsp
>
> For the jar and tld file, download here:
>
> http://www.johnyork.com/table/table.tar.gz
>

> I added many features to the list that Ed Hill had including exporting
> options and CSV download. You can logic taglibs within this tag
> so that you can optionally display certains columns. You can also easily
> add links within the columns by just specifying content in the body of the
> tags. The code is written fairly flexibly and should allow very easy
> extension to most common tasks. I would like to get this submitted to
> Jakarta. Can anyone guide me along the right path?
>
> If anyone is interesting in the source code, I can send you a link to it.
> Just let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> John

John York