struts-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Galbreath" <mark_galbre...@qat.com>
Subject RE: form scope question
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 23:38:58 GMT
Because the default scope is session.  If you want it to be request, you
must specify it in struts-config.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Williams [mailto:kewilliams@dreamhousefund.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 6:12 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: form scope question

Hi,

I am hoping someone can clarify what is exactly happening in my application.
I was trying to retrieve a form object in a custom tag through the
pageContext.findAttribute method, but with no success.  I discovered the
reason that I wasn't retrieving the value was because I had set the form
object at the session level, and for some reason an additional form object
existed at the request level.  Why is there a duplicate form object at the
request level (whose values are NOT set) when I have never specified request
scope on any of my action objects that use this form?

Thanks,

Kevin Williams