struts-user mailing list archives

From "Matt Raible" <m...@raibledesigns.com>
Subject RE: StrutsMenu
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 02:35:04 GMT
It should already be built into the following Displayers using the
"roles" attribute on a menu or item.

http://raibledesigns.com/struts-menu/dhtmlDropdown.jsp
http://raibledesigns.com/struts-menu/dhtmlExpandable.jsp
http://raibledesigns.com/struts-menu/coolmenu4.jsp

For saving a menu's expanded location - you might want to look at the
following Tree menu.  I hope to add support for this type of menu in the
coming weeks.

http://webfx.eae.net/dhtml/xtree/demo.html

HTH,

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Edgar Dollin [mailto:Edgar@BLUE-MOOSE.NET]
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 6:04 PM
To: 'matt@raibledesigns.com'
Subject: StrutsMenu

Would it be simple to implement roles and permissions on the
DropDownDisplayer?  I have started to look at it and am not sure of all
the touch points.

BTW: my solution for restoring a menu position on a target page with the
same menu as the prior page is sub-optimal.  The only solution I could
come up with saved menu down and up movements and created expiring
cookies on menu selection.  Of course if you do any other action the
menu doesn't redrop.  If you are using contexts, the cookies are
discarded across the change of context.  It looks like the only way to
really make menu position controllable is to do some server side stuff.
An interesting project.

Thanks for your help.

Edgar