struts-user mailing list archives

From "Navjot Singh" <navjo...@net4india.net>
Subject Re: jdk14 log
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 08:07:33 GMT

Hi Vic,

Properties File Attached. Remember, the logging takes the formatter
specified in props if called from command prompt.
When i called from servlet, it take XMLFormatter by default. However, if you
give BasicFormatter, it picks up SimpleFormatter.

It just refuses to pick my customer Formatter from Servlet.

Use this to read file
=============
   LogManager logman = LogManager.getLogManager();
   FileInputStream in = new FileInputStream(filename);
   logman.readConfiguration(in);

Use this to test the config set
====================

  LogManager manager = LogManager.getLogManager();
  // Get all defined loggers
  Enumeration names = manager.getLoggerNames();
  while (names.hasMoreElements())
  {
       String loggername = (String)names.nextElement();
       Logger logger = manager.getLogger(loggername);

       System.out.println("Logger name: >" + logger.getName() + "<");
       System.out.println("Logger level: " + logger.getLevel());

       Handler[] hs = logger.getHandlers();
       for(int i=0;i<hs.length;i++)
       {
            System.out.println("\t" + hs[i].toString() + "#" +
hs[i].getFormatter() + "->" + hs[i].getEncoding());
       }
  }