struts-user mailing list archives

From "Timo Nentwig" <t...@nitwit.de>
Subject struts: JSP expression not evaluated
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 17:53:25 GMT
Hi!

I do have a very weird problem which I don't even know struts or jasper to
address to so I post it to both mailing lists.

Below is a small piece of JSP code, the struts <html:link> tag contains an
JSP expression in the href attribute which is not evaluated, i.e. the
actuall link contains the expression just as it is printed in the source
code below as *string*. Please note that pre-building a Java String
containing the complete href link and putting that string expression into
the tag's attribute does work just well.

This does only apply to struts' <html:link> tag; <a> works just as it
should!

<%@ page language="java" %>
<%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=WINDOWS-1252"%>

<%@ taglib uri='/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld' prefix='html' %>

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
        <head>
                <title>Test</title>
        </head>
<%
                int var = 1;
%>

                <!-- the link won't read "blah.do?arg=1 -->
                        Link

This works:

<%
    int var = 1;
    String href = "blah.do?arg=" + var;
%>

Can't I see the woods for the trees or is this a bug?

Timo
--
http://nitwit.de/
http://www.jeigh.com/werk/admin/