struts-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Galbreath" <mark_galbre...@qat.com>
Subject RE: The Back button on on multi-page forms ??????
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 02:28:53 GMT
Ah, use a cookie and you can do whatever you want with the bloody lamerz
that hit the <back> button!

Mark

(And don't even try to go to the "what if they have JS turned off crap")

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Hill [mailto:andrew.david.hill@gridnode.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 9:26 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: The Back button on on multi-page forms ??????

Well, its just a case of using location.replace(url) instead of a normal
link. (Pages loaded this way replace current page in the browser history -
whether this works in all browsers I dont know). Id advise against using it
though. As most of the responses to my post have indicated, users really
dont like this sort of stuff - Im just using it as a workaround until I have
a mechanism in place to stop 'bad things' happening to the users data if
they click back.