struts-user mailing list archives

From "Nicolas De Loof" <nicolas.del...@cgey.com>
Subject Re: Problem mapping/url
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 12:05:39 GMT
(Sorry for previous empty message : too quickly clicked !)

On tomcat, websphere and Weblogic I get CURRENT servlet (and JSP) URI
when using
request.getRequestURI(). API Javadoc says :
"Returns the part of this request's URL from the protocol name up to
the query string in the first line of the HTTP request"

I think this appends :

When a forward is used, the RequestDispatcher object updates the
request, to put the "forwarded" URI :
(from javadoc) "For a RequestDispatcher obtained via
getRequestDispatcher(), the ServletRequest object has its path
elements and parameters adjusted to match the path of the target
resource".

So I don't this it is possible to get the "as in browser" URI.

Nico.