struts-user mailing list archives

From "Joseph Fifield" <jfifi...@programmerplanet.org>
Subject Re: Using Struts 1.1 RC1 Within Eclipse With Tomcat Plugin
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:18:49 GMT
We are using the same setup here and I moved to 1.1rc1 a couple of weeks ago
with no problems. What version of eclipse, tomcat, and plugin are you
running?

Joe

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alonso, Damian" <Damian.Alonso@sensis.com.au>
To: <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 1:57 AM
Subject: Using Struts 1.1 RC1 Within Eclipse With Tomcat Plugin

> Hi Everybody,
>

> I have downloaded the latest version of Struts, and I am currently trying
> upgrade to the new Struts 1.1RC1 version.  I currently have a project
loaded
> in Eclipse, along with the Sysdeo Tomcat Plugin, and I can therefore run
> Tomcat from within my IDE, debug code, etc.  Since I have upgraded to the
> new version of Struts, I have noticed that the commons-digester.jar
clashes
> with Tomcat's jars for XML Parsing.  Has anyone using Eclipse to build
> Struts 1.1 + applications managed to get their Tomcat plugin working??
(and
> how you did that would be nice 2 :-))
>

> Thanks in advance,
>

> Damian.
>

> Stack Trace:
>

> [2003-03-19 06:54:23] <main> [ERROR] <Digester> <> <Begin event
threw
> exception>
>
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer
>
>             at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:198)
>
>             at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>
>             at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)
>
>             at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:299)
>
>             at
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:265)

>             at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:255)
>
>             at

org.apache.commons.digester.ObjectCreateRule.begin(ObjectCreateRule.java:252
> )
>
>             at org.apache.commons.digester.Rule.begin(Rule.java:200)
>
>             at
> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.startElement(Digester.java:1268)
>
>             at

org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(AbstractSAXParser.j
> ava:459)
>
>             at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.startElement(XMLNamespaceBinder.ja
> va:572)
>
>             at

org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement(XMLDTDValidator.java
> :727)
>
>             at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLDo
> cumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:759)
>
>             at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$ContentDispatcher.scanRootElem
> entHook(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:957)
>
>             at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatc
> her.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1544)
>
>             at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocume
> ntFragmentScannerImpl.java:329)
>
>             at

org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.java:525)

>             at

org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.java:581)

>             at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:152)

>             at

org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:117
> 5)
>
>             at
> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1543)
>
>             at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:449)

>             at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
>
>             at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
>
>             at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>
>             at

> )
>
>             at

> .java:25)
>
>             at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>
>             at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
>
> Catalina.start: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer
>
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer
>
>             at

org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:2383)

>             at

org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:2409)

>             at
> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.startElement(Digester.java:1271)
>
>             at

org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(AbstractSAXParser.j
> ava:459)
>
>             at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.startElement(XMLNamespaceBinder.ja
> va:572)
>
>             at

org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement(XMLDTDValidator.java
> :727)
>
>             at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLDo
> cumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:759)
>
>             at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$ContentDispatcher.scanRootElem
> entHook(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:957)
>
>             at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatc
> her.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1544)
>
>             at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocume
> ntFragmentScannerImpl.java:329)
>
>             at

org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.java:525)

>             at

org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.java:581)

>             at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:152)

>             at

org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:117
> 5)
>
>             at
> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1543)
>
>             at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:449)

>             at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
>
>             at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
>
>             at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>
>             at

> )
>
>             at

> .java:25)
>
>             at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>
>             at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
>

> www.sensis.com.au
>
> A leading Australian advertising, information
> and directories business.
>
> www.yellowpages.com.au
> www.whitepages.com.au
> www.citysearch.com.au
> www.whereis.com.au
> www.telstra.com.au
>
> This email and any attachments are intended only for the use of the
recipient and may be confidential and/or legally privileged.
> Sensis Pty Ltd disclaims liability for any errors, omissions, viruses,
loss and/or damage arising from using, opening or transmitting this email.
> If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, interfere with,
disclose, copy or retain this email and you should notify the sender
immediately by return email or by contacting Sensis Pty Ltd by telephone on
[+61 3 9201 4888]