struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ian Hunter" <ihun...@hunterweb.net>
Subject Re: reset is not being called on DynaValidatorForm
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 19:05:33 GMT

Sun ONE at the moment) and noticed that on a prior page, it was called, but
then when I went to the page I was actually looking to check, it DIDN'T get
called.  I changed the struts-config, and *poof* all better.

----- Original Message -----
From: <opensourceaz@cox.net>
To: <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 1:56 PM
Subject: reset is not being called on DynaValidatorForm

> [This is going to be a duplicate.  One of the mail servers on campus is
holding messages hostage and will eventually release them.  However, it's
been more than 12 hours now and I need help with this!]

> I have the age-old "how to un-check the checkbox" problem. The only twist
is that this is a DynaValidatorForm.
> I've tried putting various things into the 'reset' method of my Form, but
nothing works:

> public void reset( ActionMapping mapping, HttpServletRequest request )
> {
>    log.debug( "ClearanceRequestForm.reset" );
>    if ( request.getParameter( "returningFromResolution" ) == null ) {
>       // set( "plannedGiftFlag", Boolean.FALSE );
>       // getMap().put("plannedGiftFlag",Boolean.FALSE);
>       initialize(mapping);
>    }
> }
>
> (I have to control whether the reset happens since I have a workflow that
involves going off to another form temporarily and then coming back to this
one.)

> Looking in the log file, I never see that log message, so I think that
reset is not being called.

> Ian Hunter, you were asking about this in mid-March, did you ever find a
solution?

> I searched Bugzilla but did not find anything, but I may have done it
wrong.  That search page is daunting to say the least.