struts-user mailing list archives

From Mick.Knut...@ubsw.com
Subject RE: using Tokens with Tiles
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:06:01 GMT
There was a thread last week that talked about seperating items in the struts-config.xml, could
this work to reduce the sheer volume with that sized site?

  _____

Thank You

Mick Knutson

Sr. Designer - Project Trust
aUBS AG, Financial - Z├╝rich
Office: +41 (0)1/234.42.75
Internal: 48194
Mobile: 079.726.14.26
  _____

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Mattox [mailto:michael.mattox@verideon.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 4:01 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: using Tokens with Tiles

> But if you do it with an action, you only have to change those
> declarations in one place, not every place that it is used.

if I need to change it I can change the Tile definition, I wouldn't need to
change it every place it's used.

> Plus, it looks cleaner to the user with a friendly URL.

You're right about this but imagine a site with 100's of JSPs and how big
the struts-config file would be if every one of them needed an Action.  To
me it's a huge maintenance problem.

Michael

related financial instruments.