struts-user mailing list archives

From Mick.Knut...@ubsw.com
Subject Declarative exceptions design question...
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:06:40 GMT
Declarative exceptions design question...

I am using EJB's, Entity with Session Facades, then a BusinessDelegate on top of that, then
DispatchActions for this APP.
As I understand, I can create simple Exception classes like "LoginFailed.class" and when that
error is thrown, I can declare the handling of "LoginFailed.class" in the struts-config.xml.

If I am correct thusfar, my question is this....
Where should I be looking to put my declared Exceptions? Should I look for various exception
in my EJB layer and then transform them into these declared Exception like "LoginFailed.class"
in the BusinessDelegate? Or should I just change those errors to a "TechnicalException.class"
Exception that I have, then transform the Exceptions in the DispatchAction class?

=========
Thank You

Mick Knutson

Sr. Designer - Project Trust