struts-user mailing list archives

From Becky Norum <bno...@coe.neu.edu>
Subject [OT] IDE / ERD modeling (Was: Re: struts IDE)
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 16:44:06 GMT
I've stayed quiet on this since I've used IDEs rarely.  I stick with
xemacs and vi when necessary.  I've been curious how much an IDE like
JDeveloper speeds up the process, once you are familiar with it.  I
tried it for a couple of hours once, but found it kind of a pain to
use.  Is spending time learning one's way around really worth it?

OTOH, there are times when a typo in my struts-config.xml or web.xml
waste an hour or two my time, and having some sort of validation would
be great.

And _really_ off-topic, what do you folks use for ERD modeling in *nix?
I haven't been able to get DIA or xfig to generate decent looking .eps
for papers, so I.. um.. do them in Windows.  Any other (free - we are a
poor academic research center :D) modeling software out there people
use?  Or tips on maximizing xfig/DIA?

--
Becky Norum <bnorum@coe.neu.edu>
Becky Norum