struts-user mailing list archives

From Becky Norum <bno...@coe.neu.edu>
Subject Re: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot forward after response hasbeen committed
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 01:24:51 GMT
Thanks for all the reponses.

It's actually a piece of code within a custom tag, so the scope probably
isn't an issue.

The tag checks to see if the user is a member of the group s/he is
trying to access.  So, probably, some HTML response is output before the
tag is called. (because a header file is included via jsp:include), but
the tag is called at the top of the JSP page.

So I hear y'all saying to call the tag before writing HTML, but that
would require some significant rearranging.  Plus, sometimes it works
just fine - actually, when I call the page directly it works, but when I
do a forward it doesn't.

So do I need to call the page directly rather than forward?

Thanks so much,

Becky

On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 19:55, Alexandre Jaquet wrote:
> what's your scope definition ? (in the struts-conf)
>
> --
> Alexandre Jaquet

Becky Norum
Database Administrator
Center for Subsurface Sensing and Imaging Systems (CenSSIS)
Northeastern University
http://www.censsis.neu.edu