struts-user mailing list archives

From Al Willingham <gaf...@cox.net>
Subject Re: Session bean behavior when user creates new browser window......
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 03:22:02 GMT
>>From past experience "dirty data" management is usually handled by the
database. Locking record when data is retrieved for update, etc.

Something that comes to mind is when the record is retrieved for update,
lock the record, note the session bean id and set some value indicating
state. ie update complete or not. Check value and session bean id before
update commit, if match, do it. If the "old" window tries to update
after the new has changed the state, then it would be rejected.

Seems like I read some of this stuff in J2EE and could be managed more
easily by an app server????

If I have to start managing this, would it be time to start looking at a
J2EE implementation of my app?

Buuut, an earlier thread mentioned something about a counter in the
session, maybe increment counter for each session update/change. If some
session has lower value, reject.???