struts-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Pingili, Madhupal" <MPing...@BBandT.com>
Subject RE: struts 1.1 with Iplanet App server 6.0 SP4
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 21:48:55 GMT
It looks like it is working very well in Tomcat 3.3.1. I guess we have to
get latest versions of everything for
struts 1.1 RC1 to work properly.

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	Miriam Aguirre [SMTP:Miriam.Aguirre@ssa.co.santa-clara.ca.us]
> Sent:	Thursday, March 27, 2003 4:14 PM
> To:	'Struts Users Mailing List'
> Subject:	RE: struts 1.1 with Iplanet App server 6.0 SP4
> 
> 
> 
>  were you able to fix it .... ? anyone get the new struts running on a
> newer
> version of iplanet ?
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pingili, Madhupal [mailto:MPingili@BBandT.com]
> Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 12:35 PM
> To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
> Subject: RE: struts 1.1 with Iplanet App server 6.0 SP4
> 
> 
> I got those same errors while I tried to run struts-validator example
> application came with
> struts 1.1 RC1 in Tomcat 3.2.4 container.
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From:	Miriam Aguirre
> [SMTP:Miriam.Aguirre@ssa.co.santa-clara.ca.us]
> > Sent:	Thursday, March 27, 2003 3:28 PM
> > To:	'struts-user@jakarta.apache.org'
> > Subject:	struts 1.1 with Iplanet App server 6.0 SP4
> > 
> > 
> > 
> >  Has anyone gotten this to work ? I keep getting the following stack
> trace
> > when deploying the struts-example or struts-upload web applications
> using
> > iplanet's deployment tool.
> > 
> >  of course, iplanet is working fine with struts 1.0.2.
> > 
> >  Any ideas ?
> > 
> > 
> >  [ERROR] MessageResourcesFactory -
> -MessageResourcesFactory.createFactory
> > <java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.s
> >
> truts.util.PropertyMessageResourcesFactory>java.lang.ClassNotFoundExceptio
> > n:
> > org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResou
> > rcesFactory
> >         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
> >         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> >         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:191)
> >         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:298)
> >         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:285)
> >         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:255)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.applicationClass(RequestUtils.java:182
> > )
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.struts.util.MessageResourcesFactory.createFactory(MessageResour
> > ce
> > sFactory.java:192)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources.getMessageResources(MessageResourc
> > es
> > .java:576)
> >         at
> > org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.<clinit>(RequestUtils.java:138)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.struts.util.MessageResourcesFactory.createFactory(MessageResour
> > ce
> > sFactory.java:192)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources.getMessageResources(MessageResourc
> > es
> > .java:576)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initInternal(ActionServlet.java:127
> > 6)
> >         at
> > org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:459)
> >         at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletRepository.loadServlet(Un
> > kn
> > own Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletRepository.createInstance
> > (U
> > nknown Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletRunner.createServletInfo(
> > Un
> > known Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.AppInfo.preLoadServlets(Unknown
> > Source)
> >         at
> > com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.AppInfo.resetServlets(Unknown
> > Source)
> >         at
> > com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.AppInfo.<init>(Unknown
> > Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletModule.getAppInfo(Unknown
> > Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletModule.getPlatformServlet
> > Co
> > ntext(Unknown Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.platformhttp.PlatformServletContext.getContext
> > (U
> > nknown Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.WelcomeListServlet.doJSPInclude(
> > Un
> > known Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.WelcomeListServlet.streamFileToC
> > li
> > ent(Unknown Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.WelcomeListServlet.service(Unkno
> > wn
> > Source)
> >         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:865)
> >         at
> > com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletInfo.service(Unknown
> > Source)
> >         at
> > com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletRunner.execute(Unknown
> > Source)
> >         at com.kivasoft.applogic.AppLogic.execute(Unknown Source)
> >         at com.kivasoft.applogic.AppLogic.execute(Unknown Source)
> >         at com.kivasoft.thread.ThreadBasic.run(Native Method)
> >         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
> > 
> > [ERROR] MessageResourcesFactory - -MessageResourcesFactory.createFactory
> > <java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError>java.lan
> > g.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.NullPointerException
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources.getMessageResources(MessageResourc
> > es
> > .java:577)
> >         at
> > org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.<clinit>(RequestUtils.java:138)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.struts.util.MessageResourcesFactory.createFactory(MessageResour
> > ce
> > sFactory.java:192)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources.getMessageResources(MessageResourc
> > es
> > .java:576)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initInternal(ActionServlet.java:127
> > 6)
> >         at
> > org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:459)
> >         at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletRepository.loadServlet(Un
> > kn
> > own Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletRepository.createInstance
> > (U
> > nknown Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletRunner.createServletInfo(
> > Un
> > known Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.AppInfo.preLoadServlets(Unknown
> > Source)
> >         at
> > com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.AppInfo.resetServlets(Unknown
> > Source)
> >         at
> > com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.AppInfo.<init>(Unknown
> > Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletModule.getAppInfo(Unknown
> > Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletModule.getPlatformServlet
> > Co
> > ntext(Unknown Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.platformhttp.PlatformServletContext.getContext
> > (U
> > nknown Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.WelcomeListServlet.doJSPInclude(
> > Un
> > known Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.WelcomeListServlet.streamFileToC
> > li
> > ent(Unknown Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.WelcomeListServlet.service(Unkno
> > wn
> > Source)
> >         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:865)
> >         at
> > com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletInfo.service(Unknown
> > Source)
> >         at
> > com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletRunner.execute(Unknown
> > Source)
> >         at com.kivasoft.applogic.AppLogic.execute(Unknown Source)
> >         at com.kivasoft.applogic.AppLogic.execute(Unknown Source)
> >         at com.kivasoft.thread.ThreadBasic.run(Native Method)
> >         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
> > 
> > [27/Mar/2003 12:02:58:8] error: SERVLET-pre_load_failed: Error in
> > pre-loading app struts-upload, servlet action
> > [27/Mar/2003 12:03:18:5] info: --------------------------------------
> > [27/Mar/2003 12:03:46:5] info: jsp.APPS.struts_upload.upload: init
> > [27/Mar/2003 12:03:46:5] info: --------------------------------------
> > [ERROR] MessageResourcesFactory - -MessageResourcesFactory.createFactory
> > <java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.s
> >
> truts.util.PropertyMessageResourcesFactory>java.lang.ClassNotFoundExceptio
> > n:
> > org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResou
> > rcesFactory
> >         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
> >         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> >         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:191)
> >         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:298)
> >         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:285)
> >         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:255)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.applicationClass(RequestUtils.java:182
> > )
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.struts.util.MessageResourcesFactory.createFactory(MessageResour
> > ce
> > sFactory.java:192)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources.getMessageResources(MessageResourc
> > es
> > .java:576)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.struts.taglib.logic.ConditionalTagBase.<clinit>(ConditionalTagB
> > as
> > e.java:115)
> >         at jsp.APPS.struts_upload.upload._jspService(upload.java:79)
> >         at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(Unknown Source)
> >         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:865)
> >         at
> > com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletInfo.service(Unknown
> > Source)
> >         at
> > com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletRunner.callJSP(Unknown
> > Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.platformhttp.PlatformHttpServletResponse.callJ
> > sp
> > Compiler(Unknown Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.platformhttp.PlatformHttpServletResponse.callU
> > ri
> > (Unknown Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.platformhttp.PlatformHttpServletResponse.callU
> > ri
> > RestrictOutput(Unknown Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.platformhttp.PlatformRequestDispatcher.forward
> > (U
> > nknown Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.WelcomeListServlet.doJSPInclude(
> > Un
> > known Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.WelcomeListServlet.streamFileToC
> > li
> > ent(Unknown Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.WelcomeListServlet.service(Unkno
> > wn
> > Source)
> >         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:865)
> >         at
> > com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletInfo.service(Unknown
> > Source)
> >         at
> > com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletRunner.execute(Unknown
> > Source)
> >         at com.kivasoft.applogic.AppLogic.execute(Unknown Source)
> >         at com.kivasoft.applogic.AppLogic.execute(Unknown Source)
> >         at com.kivasoft.thread.ThreadBasic.run(Native Method)
> >         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
> > 
> > [27/Mar/2003 12:03:46:5] error: Exception: SERVLET-run_failed: Failed in
> > running template: /NASApp/struts-upload/upload.
> > jsp, java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
> > Exception Stack Trace:
> > java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.NullPointerException
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources.getMessageResources(MessageResourc
> > es
> > .java:577)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.struts.taglib.logic.ConditionalTagBase.<clinit>(ConditionalTagB
> > as
> > e.java:115)
> >         at jsp.APPS.struts_upload.upload._jspService(upload.java:79)
> >         at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(Unknown Source)
> >         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:865)
> >         at
> > com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletInfo.service(Unknown
> > Source)
> >         at
> > com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletRunner.callJSP(Unknown
> > Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.platformhttp.PlatformHttpServletResponse.callJ
> > sp
> > Compiler(Unknown Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.platformhttp.PlatformHttpServletResponse.callU
> > ri
> > (Unknown Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.platformhttp.PlatformHttpServletResponse.callU
> > ri
> > RestrictOutput(Unknown Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.platformhttp.PlatformRequestDispatcher.forward
> > (U
> > nknown Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.WelcomeListServlet.doJSPInclude(
> > Un
> > known Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.WelcomeListServlet.streamFileToC
> > li
> > ent(Unknown Source)
> >         at
> >
> com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.WelcomeListServlet.service(Unkno
> > wn
> > Source)
> >         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:865)
> >         at
> > com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletInfo.service(Unknown
> > Source)
> >         at
> > com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletRunner.execute(Unknown
> > Source)
> >         at com.kivasoft.applogic.AppLogic.execute(Unknown Source)
> >         at com.kivasoft.applogic.AppLogic.execute(Unknown Source)
> >         at com.kivasoft.thread.ThreadBasic.run(Native Method)
> >         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
> > 
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: struts-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> > For additional commands, e-mail: struts-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: struts-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: struts-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: struts-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: struts-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: struts-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: struts-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message