struts-user mailing list archives

From "Chappell, Simon P" <Simon.Chapp...@landsend.com>
Subject [OT] Text editor usage (was RE: [OT]: What is vim?)
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 21:38:25 GMT
Actually, my primary point was text editor usage and programmer ability.

It is my personal observation that the better programmers use text editors. (vi or emacs or
jedit or vim ... I don't care ... that's not the argument here). I'm not quite saying that
IDEs are bad, although I'm certainly tempted to say that some days, but programmers who CAN
program with text editors and command-line tools are orders of magnitude better than those
who can't. You are more than welcome to tell me that you believe this is not so, but I have
observed it enough that, to me, it is a truism.

Simon