struts-user mailing list archives

From "LEES, THERESA J (SBCSI)" <tl8...@sbc.com>
Subject Unix JSP compile problems with Struts
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 02:38:11 GMT
Has anyone out there had JSP compile problems when they've moved their
struts app to unix?

This particular struts web page has 43 <html:text> and <html:checkbox> tags,
and lots of <bean:message> tags.  It worked fine on NT, but when I moved it
to Solaris, the JSP wouldn't compile.  Lots of error messages saying for
example:
"Variable _jspx_eval_html_checkbox_3 may not have been initialized"

If I remove enough of the checkboxes to bring the generated java code to
under 100KB, then it compiles fine. All my other pages are fine.  I'm using
iplanet6sp5, struts1.0.2, j2se1.4.1_02-b06.

Any ideas? Something wrong with the environment?

Thanks very much.