struts-user mailing list archives

From Rick Reumann <maill...@reumann.net>
Subject Re: [OT] Text editor usage (was RE: [OT]: What is vim?)
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 22:18:48 GMT
On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 15:58:11 -0600
"Chappell, Simon P" <Simon.Chappell@landsend.com> wrote:

> I now use the Eclipse
> IDE for alot of my personal programming because it is like a text
> editor that wants to be helpful.

What I don't like about many of the IDEs (including my favorites
Intellij and Eclipse) was that they were lacking the power of a great
editor like jEdit (and of course vim:). I found eclipse to be really
bad as an overall text editor. I couldn't even find a way to copy and
past to different buffers or modify all the functions with shortcut
keys to my liking. With the plugins for jEdit you can
do'most' everything you want that a large IDE does, yet you have a full
featured, highly customizable, editor at your disposal as well.

--
Rick Reumann