struts-user mailing list archives

From Rick Reumann <maill...@reumann.net>
Subject Re: Wanted best practice for i18n'd optionsCollection
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 18:57:06 GMT
On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 02:44:12 +0800
"Christopher Cheng" <mailing-list@chrisshare.net> wrote:

> > On Monday, Mar 3, 2003, at 21:16 Canada/Eastern, Christopher Cheng
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I posted a similar question long time ago in this list. -> Nobody
> > > cares.
> > >
> > > So I developed my own custom tag to do it. What I did is
> > > populating the collection with locale keys in the label of the
> > > LabelValueBean and then get
> > > the exact message from the property file. If you want it, I can
> > > send you a
> > > copy of it.

I haven't had a need to solve any i18n issues, but since you can get an
access to the user's locale in your Action form, wouldn't it be simpler
to just pass this locale into your business tier so you could populate a
collection the correct i18n data? The JSPs and tags wouldn't know the
difference or even care whether the collection was in English, German,
etc.

--
Rick Reumann