struts-user mailing list archives

From "Camper Richard D" <camper...@mellon.com>
Subject Client Side validation problem with Struts 1.1 RC1
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 15:02:09 GMT
I deployed the struts-validator.war file to both Tomcat 4.1 and
Websphere 5.0 (via WSAD 5.0).  I am not geting any client-side
validation. When I viewing source via the browser for the
jsRegistration.jsp page, I noticed that the page did not contain any of
the validator java script that the <html:javascript
formName="registrationForm"/> tag should have generated.

If I remove the reference to the validator_1_0.dtd from the
validator-rules.xml and validation.xml files I.E delete
<!DOCTYPE form-validation PUBLIC
  "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Commons Validator Rules
Configuration 1.0//EN"
  "http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dtds/validator_1_0.dtd">

Then the client side validation works.

DISCLAIMER:
The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential and is intended solely for the
use of the named addressee. Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any information contained
therein by any other person is not authorized. If you are not the intended recipient please
notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to the originator.