struts-user mailing list archives

From Rick Reumann <maill...@reumann.net>
Subject Re: Want to stop tomcat's info messages from printing to console
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 19:10:54 GMT
On Fri, 07 Mar 2003 14:17:34 -0400
"Scott Power" <spower@jacqueswhitford.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if there is a way to stop tomcat from printing its
> messages to the console.  I know how to configure the log4j message
> from within the application, by setting the level in the
> log4j.configuration file but I still get message on the console like
> the ones below.

How are you setting your log4j.properties up?

I usually start out setting it up like:

log4j.rootCategory=ERROR, stdout
log4j.logger.startOfMyPackage=DEBUG, rolling

This makes sure errors go to stdout and I also set up a rolling file
appender for my application which logs everything in MyPackage and
below. (I won't get INFO messages from stuff the container sets up this
way).

--
Rick Reumann