struts-user mailing list archives

From Dan Allen <...@mojavelinux.com>
Subject Re: action chaining and session scope.
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 08:28:56 GMT

Rajesh.Jayabalan@lazard.com (Rajesh.Jayabalan@lazard.com) wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  In my app I have an action forwarding to another action, with both their
> different formbean in session scope, I do not understand why the reset for the
> formbean is called. I have a log message in the reset method. Is this a bug ? I
> am using struts 1.1 b3.
>
> Regards
> Rajesh J

As far as I understand it, reset() is called on the form just before
the action is called, every time.  So if you call and action and
that action has a form associated with it, the steps are like this

- call action
- match action
- if form, reset()
- if form, populate()
- if form and validate, validate()
- if action, execute() (if not action, then must be forward or
  whatever)

Look in any documentation regarding the RequestProcessesor and you
will see this explanation.

Dan

Daniel Allen, <dan@mojavelinux.com>
http://www.mojavelinux.com/
[Frodo]: "He deserves death."
[Gandalf]: "Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live
deserve death. And some that die deserve life.  Can you give
it to them?  Then do not be too eager to deal out death in
judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."