struts-user mailing list archives

From Justin Ashworth <justin-str...@ashworth.org>
Subject Re: Changing the validator messages key
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 17:56:52 GMT
I've dug a little deeper now and I'd like to rephrase my question...

When retrieving messages in a JSP with the <html:messages> tag, you can specify a
property.  This property is different for every field that fails validation, but
I would like to specify one common property in which to store all of my
validation errors.  As it is, the only way I can display validation errors is
with the generic <html:messages> tag.  However, this can potentially print out
more than just validator errors.  I would like to use the property attribute like
so: <html:messages property="ValidationErrors">, which would print out all errors
generated by the validator.  Where can I specify the "ValidationErrors" property
in the validator config files in order to achieve this?

Thanks,

Justin Ashworth

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:41 , Justin Ashworth justin-struts@ashworth.org> sent: