struts-user mailing list archives

From Kirby Vandivort <kvand...@ks.uiuc.edu>
Subject scaffold ProcessBaseBean and sessions
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 18:07:32 GMT
I'm trying to write a webapp using scaffold, where I set my action to point
to:
   type="org.apache.struts.scaffold.ProcessAction"
   parameter="my.class.that.extends.ProcessBaseBean"

and I'm wondering how, in the execute() method of the ProcessBaseBean
that I can get session information.  In particular, I have a user
object stored in the session that I need for the execute().  It seems
as though I probably wouldn't want to tighten the connection between
the controller and the bean by making the session info available
directly, but I'm not sure how to make the jump.

>From looking at the cvs code, it looks like ProcessAction has the
ability to expose the session, but it is still a bit nebulous as
to how everything works together.

Thanks,

--

Kirby Vandivort                      Theoretical and Computational Biophysics
Email: kvandivo@ks.uiuc.edu          3051 Beckman Institute