struts-user mailing list archives

From Dan Tarkenton <tark_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: how to invoke the action servlet?
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 21:05:56 GMT
Ah, I am sorry.  I forgot to mention that I had tried
different combinations of URLs.  I did try
http://localhost:8080/ginsu/ginsu.do and I get the
same tomcat error as when I enter
http://localhost:8080/ginsu .

I also realize how vague I was.  I'll try to be more
specific:  I am using Tomcat 4.1.18, and I get a 404
with a description of "The requested resource is not
available" when I try these different URLs.

I went back to my %CATALINA_HOME%/webapp/ginsu
directory and discovered that my struts-config.xml
file was there.  I think this is incorrect.

The web.xml file and the struts-config.xml file both
need to reside in my
%CATALINA_HOME%/webapps/ginsu/WEB-INF directory,
correct?

So I moved the slide-config.xml to the web-inf
directory and restarted tomcat and received the same
results.

Any further thought?

Thanks again, and I appreciate the fast responses.

http://${hostname}:${portnumber}${contextpath}${actionpath}