struts-user mailing list archives

From "Witbeck, Shane" <Shane.Witb...@bankofamerica.com>
Subject RE: unwanted emty lines in produced html
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:49:57 GMT
If you are really anal ;) about line breaks, etc. you could use the regular
expression tablib to get rid of them by wrapping each JSP. Im sure there is
a performance hit with this but it saves you from having to change every
line of source in the JSPs.

Shane

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Lee [mailto:brian_a_lee@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 10:41 AM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: unwanted emty lines in produced html

Hundreds of blank lines affect rendering speed of a browser and can affect
performance of heavily hit sites. Although each line is negligible with
thousands of users you end up paying for the extra bandwidth.

Plus browsers still have some quirks with blank lines. I.e. it can make an
image look misaligned or cause a link's underline to extend beyong the text.

BAL